Copyright © 2022 Walk With Me. All Rights Reserved. All the photos and information in this blog are under the copyright. Kindly seek the permission of the blogger in case if need for the use of non commercial purposes.

Thursday 8 February 2018

30.01.2018 Trying My Luck At Jalan Kebun

I was not that well so took a day off. However I did had a little time that I can spend to take some shots at Jalan Kebun area. It is indeed a nice place to watch common garden birds. As soon as I parked my car, I saw a Spotted Dove perched on the electric cable. It was a sunny morning, so lighting was good.

Spotted Dove (Spilopelia chinensis tigrina)
Then I was attracted by a loud tailorbird, which was on top of a jackfruit tree. I take a look and it was something new to be added to my bird list. Its a male Ashy Tailorbird, with his loud, continuous call. Males are distinguished by rufous "face". 

Ashy Tailorbird (Orthotomus ruficeps) - Male
Then I heard the call of Yellow Bellied Prinia in the bushes and this time it out from the bush and perched on a Melastoma plant. It was moving about and I was trying my best to keep up with my manual focus (my lens has no AF by the way). Males are identified by the presence of short white "eyebrow". Their calls resembles a short chattering cry which is repeated continuously often accompanied by the fluttering sound of their wings. They do produces a "meowing" like sound, which is repeated with a long gap. This sound is often heard during afternoons when the Sun is up.

Yellow Bellied Prinia (Prinia flaviventris) - Male

Yellow Bellied Prinia (Prinia flaviventris) - Male
Yellow Vented Bulbul (Pycnonotus goiavier)
I walked some distance and I saw a large dead tree, where it seems to be a hang out spot for bee-eaters and kingfishers. There were other birds too. About 200m away from the tree, there were a colony of  Baya Weaver too. I spotted a Red Junglefowl crowing from quite a distance. I am unable to get a good shot of it due to the distance.

Blue Tailed Bee-eater (Merops philippinus)

Blue Tailed Bee-eater (Merops philippinus)

Oriental Magpie Robin (Copsychus saularis) - Male

Red Junglefowl (Gallus gallus) - Male
Since I am not that well, I couldn't take the hot sun much and decide to head home. Jalan Kebun can be a really good spot to practice my shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment