Copyright © 2022 Walk With Me. All Rights Reserved. All the photos and information in this blog are under the copyright. Kindly seek the permission of the blogger in case if need for the use of non commercial purposes.

Monday 12 February 2018

04.02.2018 Sungai Janggut (Kapar)

I came to know about Sungai Janggut through a birding blog few weeks ago.Its my first time trying to shoot at coastal area. Before I reach the spot, I stopped at a water gate of a canal since I spotted some egrets.

Intermediate Egret (Egretta intermedia)
Sungai Janggut has a good offer for water and mangrove birds. I arrived here at 3:00pm, during low tide and the mud flats were exposed for the water birds to hunt for their prey. I came to know about this place through a birding blog a week ago. As soon as I entered the area I was welcomed by a Common Sandpiper, a small wader which common even in inland mud flats.It was hunting for food in a shallow tidal pool. Since its a small bird, I need to get as close as possible, but trust me its not an easy job. Lucky that I found a dead tree trunk that served as a hide for me.

Common Sandpiper (Actitis hypoleucos)
Common Sandpiper (Actitis hypoleucos)
Common Sandpiper (Actitis hypoleucos)
I heard some "demonic" laughters around, definitely by White Collared Kingfishers, another common bird of the coastal area.

White Collared Kingfisher (Todiramphus chloris humii)

I found a medicinal plant, the Indian Mallow (Abutilon indicum) growing in huge number here. It is known remedy for haemorrhoids and piles.

Indian Mallow (Abutilon indicum)
I found no waders on the mud flats except for egrets, which were hunting far away from me. I decided to venture into a small mangrove patch. I saw a group of egrets accompanying a lonely Grey Heron at a canal near to the mangrove patch.

Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)
A Grey Heron among the Egrets

Then came a pair of Cinereus Tit, whistling while looking for insects among the mangrove trees. Its a new entry to my list. I had the trouble to keep up with the focus since they are fasting moving. Some how I manage to get some shots.

Cinereus Tit (Parus cinereus ambiguus)

Cinereus Tit (Parus cinereus ambiguus)

2 comments: