Copyright © 2022 Walk With Me. All Rights Reserved. All the photos and information in this blog are under the copyright. Kindly seek the permission of the blogger in case if need for the use of non commercial purposes.

Tuesday 26 October 2021

26.10.2021 - Global Big Day 9th Oct 2021 at Putrajaya Wetland Park

Greeting guys! I was on "birding from home" for two Global Big Day previously. On 9th Oct 2021, I had a chance to have it at Putrajaya Wetland Park. Started a bit late actually, arrived at the park at 9:40am. 

First to welcome me was an immature Oriental Magpie Robin, which posed very well for me before it flew away. I proceed to walk towards the Flamingo Pond, and heard the Brown Throated Sunbirds and Lineated Barbets.

An immature Oriental Magpie Robin

There was a fruiting tree, where two Lineated Barbets were busy picking up the fruits, joined by the Javan Mynas and a female Asian Koel.

A female Asian Koel.

I proceed to walk to the lakes. Surprisingly no water birds available, similar to my previous visits. Maybe I always come on wrong timing or what? On my previous visit I managed to get Grey Headed Swamphen. This time the whole place was quiet. 

I keep on walking till I reached the Pelican area. Along the way manage to get some common birds. The complete lists is available at ebird Malaysia.

Blue Tailed Bee-eater

A female Pied Thriller

A total of 24 species observed in an hour time here. 

Ebird Malaysia Screenshot


No comments:

Post a Comment