Copyright © 2022 Walk With Me. All Rights Reserved. All the photos and information in this blog are under the copyright. Kindly seek the permission of the blogger in case if need for the use of non commercial purposes.

Thursday 22 July 2021

22.07.2021 - Birds of Taman Sentosa, Klang.

I was from Perak, from Bidor exactly. My neighborhood those days surrounded with all those birds which are now a rare sight, i.e. the White Bellied Woodpeckers., 3 to 4 of them flying towards the abandoned rubber estate every morning and leave before sun set. Once completed my internship, I had to shift to Klang, and it was totally different "habitat" for me. I had a big gap in birding here, since busy with my first job, did not have my own vehicle plus I did not know much about the places.

The worst news is, my bird notes and bird feather collection books, which I kept for more than 10 years, went missing when we shifted from Bidor to Klang. It was a great lost. Although some notes are still in my memory till now, some I cannot recall. I created a file in Ms Excel and started to put the notes that I could remember, the best I could do at that time.

Back to Taman Sentosa, my current neighborhood, is actually not that bad for birds as we still have abandoned lands and plantation around, still. I even had seen few Lesser Whistling Ducks flew from the treatment ponds and pumping stations here. Below is the list of birds so far observed in Taman Sentosa:



Little Heron, well established along the monsoon drains at Taman Sentosa, at times can be seen preening on a utility cable.

Black Naped Oriole, which visited my house during the first MCO, the first bird I photographed after I changed my manual 70-300mm lens to AF 70-300mm lens.

A male Asian Koel, which was photographed during a duel with another male Koel. The duel went on for an hour, or even more since I left the location earlier.

Crested Serpent Eagle, can be seen on utility poles at certain areas in Taman Sentosa. This one captured when it was on thermal above my home.

Usually seen flying pass by my home, this Asian Glossy Starling came down for quenching its thirst during a hot day.

Yellow Vented Bulbuls are often seen near my house, yet this one was looking for insects among my garden plants, finally gulped a ripe curry leaf fruit.

The commonest bird around my house, the Eurasian Tree Sparrow, and this is an immature bird perched along with few adults on a potted desert rose plant.

Olive Backed Sunbirds usually visit my hibiscus patch, and it made me to make a sunbird feeder during first MCO, it could be the very first feeder made so far for sunbirds.

Spotted Doves usually seen on roof tops during morning and evening, and this is a male bird cooing on an evening. It often seen foraging for food at the backyard.

Javan Mynas as usual very common, exist along with the resident Common Mynas

White Throated Kingfisher, frequently seen perching on the handrails along the monsoon drains.

One of my nearest and commonest migrant, the Brown Shrike.

Little Egret, adapted well in urban areas, usually seen along the monsoon drains.

A surprise visitor to the monsoon drains here at Taman Sentosa, the Asian Openbill Storks.

For this year, I manage to see a small group of Chestnut Winged Cuckoos in a feeding frenzy, plus a Chestnut Bellied Malkoha, which are the newly added birds in the list, for this year so far. As long as we have some green patches among the housing areas here, I can still see these birds easily. We may lose these areas for development, I do not know it may or may not. If it happens, the population and the number species existing in Taman Sentosa may drop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment