Copyright © 2022 Walk With Me. All Rights Reserved. All the photos and information in this blog are under the copyright. Kindly seek the permission of the blogger in case if need for the use of non commercial purposes.

Thursday 13 June 2019

08.06.2019 Kuhl's Flying Gecko...

Greetings. 
I know its been a long time since I post my entries. Been busy with work plus not much of trips to birding spots. I was just shooting around my neighbourhood.

I managed to visit Kanching Falls few days ago. Insteaf of getting the birds, I spotted one of my favourite Malaysian reptile...Kuhl's Flying Gecko (Ptychozoon kuhli). 



Ever since I read about it, in late 90s, from a book titled "Malayan Animal Life" (written by a well known naturalists M. W. F Tweedie and J. L. Harrison, published in 1965 by Longman) I wish to spot this gecko in the wild. Unfortunately I did not made it till I visit Kanching Falls. I had seen few specimens at some butterfly farms locally, but it is still not as exciting as to encounter one in the wild.

Kuhl's Flying Gecko in captivity in one of Cameron Highlands butterfly farm


Probably a juvenile Kuhl's Flying Gecko from Kanching Falls, Selangor.
Kuhl's flying geckos are well known member of the global pet trade. Their population status is still not known, but I bet they are rarely seen in the wild. Due to their coloration, they can easily blend themselves with tree trunks, makes them harder to be seen. This is good reason for me to say that I'm lucky enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment