Copyright © 2022 Walk With Me. All Rights Reserved. All the photos and information in this blog are under the copyright. Kindly seek the permission of the blogger in case if need for the use of non commercial purposes.

Thursday 31 December 2020

31.12.2020 - Year 2020 Closing

Happy New Year Folks.

In the beginning of 2020, my lifer target was 20 species. Then Movement Control Order was engaged, limiting my birding activity from March to June 2020. At that moment, I upgraded my Nikkor 70-300mm manual lens to Nikkor 70-300mm DX AF lens, where I no longer need to squeeze my eyes for a good focus. I started to shoot RAW and practiced my editing works in Lightroom CC. I even made my own sunbird feeder that time, for those Olive Backed Sunbirds, which visits my hibiscus patch daily. 



After MCO was lifted, it was a relieve since I still managed to roam around for birds, either solo or with birding friends. In Sept 2020, I managed to get my dream lens, Nikon 200-500mm AF-S ED VR lens, thanks to my wife, Tamarai, who aided me to own the lens. Thanks to her too, who tolerant enough to follow me to some birding spots.

As for the year 2020 I managed to bag 69 species including some rare ones, even first records in Malaysia. 

I would like to thank my friends for sharing me information on birding, birding sites and bird photography/post processing techniques:

1. Terence Ang and his wife Eileen Chiang

2. Jason

3. Ananth Ramasamy (Chennai, India)

4. Charith Fernando

5. Sudeep KC

6. Zarizal Rosli

7.  Ng Jung Chuan

8. Sien Chiong Chiu

9. Supriya Malhotra (Calcutta, India)

10. Inderjit Singh (Punjab, India)

11. Geoff Lim (Singapore)

12. Alfred Quah

13. Mike Birder

14. Shazlan

15. WBCM team, which organized birding trip to Awana Biopark (Genting Highlands) on Feb 2020.

Appreciate your help guys!

Lets hope 2021 will be a much better year. God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. Good list Sara.. it was nice birding with your throughout 2020. Wish you good luck to get more lifers in 2021. Happy new year...

    ReplyDelete