Copyright © 2022 Walk With Me. All Rights Reserved. All the photos and information in this blog are under the copyright. Kindly seek the permission of the blogger in case if need for the use of non commercial purposes.

Thursday 19 April 2018

31.03.2018 Putrajaya Botanic Garden

I have been to this place twice, that was the time when I had my compact camera, just shooting around the flowers and sceneries. Two lifers found in each visit, one was the Red Banded Woodpecker and one more is the Stripe Throated Bulbul. 

I reached the Botanical Garden at 8.40am. I hit a lifer again here. Its a Lineated Barbet. I couldn't make a clear shot as it came and go in a zap! The presence of coconut trees her also attract the Brown Throated Sunbirds. This place now is well populated by Black Naped Orioles, Javan Mynah and Oriental Magpie Robins.

Lineated Barbet (Psilopogon lineatus)

Oriental Magpie Robin - Female (Copsychus saularis)

Brown Throated Sunbird - Female (Anthreptes malacensis)
I even surprise to see a pair of White Collared Kingfishers here near the lakes. I never sighted any during my previous visits. At the fig trees area, I manage to spot a Coppersmith Barbet and male Asian Koel. The Asian Koel is a large migrant cuckoo species which can be seen often between December and June. They are parasitic brooders. Males are black and females are brown with pale spots all over. The female's plumage helps as a camouflage while it lays its egg on other birds' nest...unnoticed by the nest owner.

Asian Koel - Male (Eudynamys scolopaceus)

Black Naped Oriole (Oriolus chinensis diffusus)

Plantain Squirrel (Callosciurus notatus)

Common Myna (Acridotheres tristis)

Common Iora (Aegithina tiphia)

Pied Thriller (Lalage nigra)

Baya Weaver - Male (Ploceus philippinus burmanicus)

White Collared Kingfishers (Todyramphus chloris humii)

White Collared Kingfisher (Todyramphus chloris humii)

Javan Myna (Acridotheres javanicus)

Coppersmith Barbet (Megalaima haemacephala)

Malaysian Pied Fantail (Rhipidura javanica)

What disappointed me was I missed a nightjar...it was too quick! I walked back to the parking, and managed to click on Brown Throated Sunbird, White Breasted Waterhen and a female common Flameback Woodpecker.

common Flameback Woodpecker - Female (Dionopium javanense)

White Breasted Waterhen (Amaurornis phoenicurus)

Brown Throated Sunbird - Male (Anthreptes malacensis)


No comments:

Post a Comment