Copyright © 2022 Walk With Me. All Rights Reserved. All the photos and information in this blog are under the copyright. Kindly seek the permission of the blogger in case if need for the use of non commercial purposes.

Tuesday 31 December 2019

29.12.2019 Closing 2019 with 2 More Lifers at TBNSA

First of all I wish everyone a happy, healthy and blessed year ahead. 
I made my last birding of the year 2019, hoping to round up my total bird count to 170 species. I was at Taman Botani Negara, Shah Alam again. 

I walked along the same path as my previous visit here. I found a group of Baya Weaver at the paddy field. Then I proceed to the fig tree at the animal park. Approximately 3 to 4 Sooty Barbets were having their breakfast at the fig tree. I had a glimpse of a small green bird feasting on the small figs at the top of the fig tree. At first I thought it was a barbet, but then it was a leafbird. It was a Golden Fronted Barbet, a lifer! I do find there is no record of this bird been sighted at Taman Botani so far, based on e-Bird site. It was a solitary male. It mashed the ripe fig before swallowing it whole.

Sooty Barbet

Lifer! A male Golden Fronted Leafbird

A male Golden Fronted Leafbird

I continue to walk towards Camar Rimba, to see if I could the Blue Winged Pitta, but, there is no sign of it there yet. I proceed towards the place I found the Green Iora, hoping to see the broadbill. Suddenly I saw two medium sized birds flying in bteween the woods and perched. They were quiet. I took a shot and found that it was a broadbill. It was a pair of Black and Red Broadbill, yet I managed to photograph one of the bird only. It was dark, I had to reduce the shutter speed to 1/500s reluctantly, to get a better picture of my first broadbill. Two lifers, eventhough weather was not on my side.

Lifer! Black and Red Broadbill

Black and Red Broadbill
Then I walked towards the paddy field again, after hearing a loud call of a spiderhunter. It was a Spectacled Spiderhunter, feeding nectar from rose apple blossoms. There was a male Scarlet Backed Flowerpecker perching at the same spot, while giving out its call as well.

Spectacled Spiderhunter

Spectacled Spiderhunter

A male Scarlet Backed Flowerpecker

A male Scarlet Backed Flowerpecker
That was the last birding I did for the year 2019. I am closing the year 2019 with 30 lifers in total, and I had made the total bird count at 170 species as I wished. 


Again I am wishing everyone a very happy and blessed year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment