Copyright © 2022 Walk With Me. All Rights Reserved. All the photos and information in this blog are under the copyright. Kindly seek the permission of the blogger in case if need for the use of non commercial purposes.

Friday 4 May 2018

15.04.2018 Jalan Kebun Again...

Back to Jalan Kebun again, hoping to take some shots at the dead tree area. Before I turn ito the spot, I saw a Greater Coucal sunning on a pine tree, about 10 meters from the ground, quite a rare scene since they dont really fly that high. I did took it as a good sign.

Greater Coucal (Centropus sinensis) sunning itself on a high perch.

This is an excellent place to shoot Yellow Bellied Prinia, from a close distance. All you need is, as usual, is to wait patiently.

Yellow Bellied Prinia - Male (Prinia flaviventris)
I moved to the area filled with Melastoma malabathricum shrubs, hoping to see some fruit lovers. A pair of Scarlet Backed Flowpecker landed and fed on the fruits. 

A male Scarlet Backed Flowerpecker (Dicaeusm cruentatum) gulping Melastoma malabathricum fruit.

Scarlet Backed Flowerpecker - Male (Dicaeum cruentatum)

A male Pink Necked Green Pigeon (Treron vernans) flying over Melastoma malabathricum bushes.

I then moved to the dead tree, I found nothing on it this time. I saw a sunning Purple Heron near to that dead tree. A while later I heard a loud cry on a breadfruit tree, which was near to me. It was a Sunda Pygmy Woodpecker, looking for its food.

Purple Heron (Ardea purpurea manilensis)

Sunda Pygmy Woodpecker (Yungipicus moluccensis)

A nesting Common Iora (Aegithina tiphia)

Then I saw a pair of Cinnamon Bittern burst out from the water hyacinths and flew into the covers. I manage to spot them both by luck. One is a female and another one is a juvenile male Cinnamon Bittern. You don't see them much since they always moving under covers along waterways. When threatened or seen, they will be in "threat posture", where they will be motionless with their bill pointing upward to "blend" with the reeds. I saw them moving their head slowly to have a good look on me while maintaining their threat posture.

A female Cinnamon Bittern (Ixobrychus cinnamomeus) on "threat pose".

Cinnamon Bittern - Female (Ixobrychus cinnamomeus)

A juvenile male Cinnamon Bittern (Ixobrychus cinnamomeus) in "threat pose".

No comments:

Post a Comment